Friday, July 27, 2007

To Irene


You were traveling on the road to your fate
With your entire tribe, only because
God forsaked you
In a morning, your dad’s melody
Mom’s cake, and a boy’s long legs
All gone, without a trace
You became a graveyard
To hold their past

You called me, a soft echo
Through many thousand years stone, sea and sorrow
Like a secret purple flower, blossomed in a summer
I answered
With a timid eastern smile, two beautiful black eyes
And abundant love
I touched your brood’s face, ears and lips
Using my tender hands, as if
I wanted to heal your wound
It led me into an abyss
Where all my bones broken
My breast frozen

Now, you return, at a day
I was just born, a month
I was named, I fallen in love
Is exit joyful?
Death glides through the door
You are on the road again
You came to my dream to tell me
You are the yellow butterfly
When I am abandoned
In the cold north, a land
Floating into water
A lonely tree drops mysterious tear
In his tranquil ecstasy
Grass thrives in damp soil
Pine corns open in burning fire
Even the sun forgets his mercy

My poetry carries my body, my pain
My love is a river
Following you, always……

1 comment:

沈睿 said...

It is as beautiful as poetry can be. I love it.

I am amazed by the sense of language, the surprising turn of each word, and the moving feeling...

Excellent!

S. R